Last updated: 25. May 2018.
It is important for us at Centropa to know what visitors have to say about our policies. Any queries or concerns regarding this Policy or your user rights should be addressed to our technology and privacy coordinator, Borbála Pál.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: + 36209738338
Where, why, and what kind of information we collect
Centropa collects different information from different groups of people depending on what kind of services we provide to that certain group.
- Those who register on our website to create a user account give us their name, email address, profession, and if they are teachers, they also give us the name of their school / institution and the subject they teach. By giving us this information, users can log in to our website, bookmark content, and also upload content; thus Centropa can help users with their work effectively. We believe that it is important that our users contribute to our site, allowing Centropa to grow together with them.
- Those who take part in educational programs organized by Centropa, such as seminars, workshops, and student projects, are required to give us their name, email address, and phone number, as well as the name of their school or institution of employment. During the registration for these events, we might also ask other questions relevant to participation in the program. We collect this information to organize programs that meet the requirements of our participants to the fullest and provide a meaningful educational service.
- If you are a donor or a partner, Centropa collects your name, email address, phone number, address, and information about the donation amount and when it was given or about the event. This is so that Centropa must retain records about these contributions and better organize programs and materials accordingly.
- If you are a Holocaust survivor interviewed by Centropa, Centropa retains the signed agreements indicating that Centropa can upload your stories and photographs to our online database and use them in publications.
- If you fill in the Contact Form, the Report a Problem Form or the Book Ordering Form on our website, you give us information specified in those forms. This information is necessary to Centropa to answer and meet your requests.
What third parties and data processors do we work with?
Centropa uses your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to your computer. An IP address, the time of the visit, and the page(s) visited are noted in Centropa’s server log files whenever a user accesses the website. Centropa makes use of IP addresses for calculating usage levels, fixing server problems, and administering the website’s services. It is standard for a website to collect IP addresses and it is done automatically by many websites and applications. Your approximate location may also be derived from your IP address, affecting which language you see the website in.
What kind of interactions do we have with external social networks and platforms?
Centropa has pages on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, but will not share or collect your personal information on these platforms. There is no link between these platforms and your account on the Centropa website. Centropa is not responsible for the Privacy Policies of these websites.
Those survivors whose oral accounts have been made into videos on the Centropa YouTube account have signed sheets permitting the use of their image and story.
Photographs and video of Centropa events may be posted online on these external social media websites but will not be associated with your name, contact, or account information, unless you have given us permission to do so.
How do we protect your data? What are your rights?
No method of transmitting data or information over the Internet is perfectly secure. Centropa cannot warrant or promise absolute, unbreachable security. Our website requires a password when you create an account to protect your information when you are logged into our website, and it is your job to keep the login information secure and private. Upon registration, your information is protected through encryption, which helps keep your information safe from being intercepted or stolen while being transmitted to Centropa.
If you have reason to believe that your information is no longer secure with Centropa (for example, if you think your account has been compromised), please immediately let us know through the contact information listed above. Because emails are not always secure, please do not include credit card, social security number, or other sensitive information in your emails to Centropa. In using the Centropa website, you accept all risks associated with data transmission and Internet usage, including the risk that your information may be intercepted.
If you do not want to provide us with your personal information, you are not required to in order to use the website website to access our materials. However, those interested in uploading content to our website (such as student projects and teaching materials), or creating a page where you can track your favorite Centropa resources, will only be able to do so by creating an account. By providing this personal information to Centropa, you consent to receive information, services, and updates from us.
If you no longer want Centropa to have and process your data, you have the right to let us know and Centropa must immediately modify or delete all of your data in our possession, according to your requirements.