For our history class project, we researched the history of the oldest Synagogue in Vienna, the Seitenstetten-Tempel in the first district. Below are some photos of the synagogue.
The so called Stadttempel in the Seitenstettengasse 4, 1010 Vienna, is Vienna’s main and oldest Synagogue. It was built in the years 1824- 1826 in a Neo-Classical style after the plans of the well known Austrian Architect J. Kornhäusel (1). It was officially opened on the 9th of April 1826 and the first Rabbi of the Stadttempel was Isak Noa Mannheimer.