Open day in museum in Centropa style Stiv Naumov Bitola Macedonia
Ideas, concepts and realization ..... http://issuu.com/draganissuu.com/docs/open_museum_day_in_bitola_centropa_
Project of the elementary school: Stiv Naumov Bitola "Where are my neighbors?"
in collaboration with the Institute
Museums of the City Bitola
Museum Day-Open Day
Bitola, 18 May 2013
Concept and goals of the organizer (Institute Museum and Gallery of Bitola):
• To offer a different angle of looking at history.
• Associating with history to learn from history
The concept and goal of the project participants of the Stiv Naumov school and its group: "Where are my neighbors?"
Activity No. 1 - What do we want to achieve:
• In an environment that is close to the topic of our study - Bitola Jews as our neighbors, we want to create a workshop that will help to the participants to travel in time.
• We want to learn from history as participants in history
• IMPORTANT GOAL!
- We want to talk and learn about family ties and its strength.
- We want to show the strength of family ties
- We want to underline the importance of keeping family photos
- We want to highlight the need for a museum(s) as guardians of memories
- Important goal is to make comparison of our family photos with family photos of Bitola Jews and talk about emotions
Participants 33 students from 6 grade 11-12 years . and 7 and 8 grade 13-15.
Activity number 2: What we want to achieve?
• Be familiar with Jewish culture through an interesting activity:
• Every participant should write his personal name and surname with old Hebrew letters on the Jewish way of writing from right to left.
• To explore certain topics - from the exhibits in the museum
Long sheet of paper, is spread through the museum. attendants write their names from the sheet of paper containing the example from wich participant can see the way of letter writing on old Hebrew, with latin example and transcription.
Participants ( students ) was given a task to bring three family photos from home :
First one old photo, from their grandfathers, grandmothers or relatives, and they have to share a story about people on the photos.
Second photo is a newer photo preferably from their parents when they were smaller or the photo they like, on they which they are able to tell a story
Third photos are latest photos, with their families.
Apart from the exhibits in the museum belonging to Bitola Jews ( photographs and objects ), we tied laces yellow and red . (Which we symbolize the family tree and the running of the time )
Besides the museum exhibits on the string that we tied we put pictures that we found in historical archives , belonged to the Bitola Jews
Participants had to show the oldest photograph and tell the story from the photo. Participants answered and share memories and talked about feelings that photographs caused while they ask about them.
In this way, despite the permanent exhibition of the museum we create new.
On one side are the family photos of participants, and on other side of the wall , are other family photos of Bitola Jews found in our researches .
We ware very fortunate because we ware honored by visit of the Bitola mayor .... and of course , he wrote his name with old Hebrew letters
In fun part we performed : Song : ' Hava Nagila " with singing and choreography
And Finally ..... a Sephardic song which became popular in the film : The Third Half : , Adio kerida "performed by two girls Sofia and Mario Alvona accompanied on violin on great pleasure of the audience.
The event was covered by local television stations , and on our side of facebook
Author Dragan Gorgievski