Our school is located in the 8th district in Vienna and it was opened in September 1905.
In 1938, there were dramatic changes: after the incorporation of Austria into the Third Reich, Jewish students from other schools in Vienna were assembled at the BGRG Albertgasse. They were put in extra classes together (the 'B-classes') - regardless of their age. One year later these classes were closed and the 300 Jewish students vanished from the school's catalogs.
In 2001, we installed a memorial in order to remember these students.