Join us for our upcoming Centropa seminar, “Building bridges between Germany and Israel”, in Berlin and Hamburg between September 24-28, 2021. During the seminar participants will develop a bilateral project between their school and a school in Israel, make connections with colleagues from abroad while exploring the Jewish history of Berlin and Hamburg. Please see the flyer in the attachment below. Participants will
- explore the unique history of Berlin and Hamburg and tour historical sites
- meet renowned German journalists and politicians to discuss German Holocaust remembrance culture
- develop German-Israeli school projects using Centropa´s short films and biographies of German-Jewish Holocaust survivors
- present their results in a final online presentation, "The city as a classroom: 20th century European Jewish history and the Holocaust", to be held at the end of 2021
Costs for travel, hotel and meals, as well as tour guides and museum entrance are covered by Centropa and its supporters. Please note that the seminar language will be English and participants will also meet twice online: two weeks before the seminar, for a preparatory online session, and three months after the seminar for a final online presentation of the project outputs.
Interested? Please fill out the application form below until June 15th, 2021.
- Application form for teachers from Germany: https://forms.gle/Lxv4NCGE4FPA57wS6
- Application form for teachers from Israel: https://forms.gle/FdwdH4juAqoGoUM5A
Interested, but busy? Please share this call with your colleagues.
Accepted seminar participants will be notified by July 1, 2021.
Accepted participants will be asked to send us a family recipe (template will be provided by Centropa) that they want to share with the others and help with the initial ice-breaking activity. During the seminar, each participant will receive a copy of: The Jewish Cookbook from Hamburg - a German/English publication where Jews from Hamburg share their family recipes.
Do you have any questions?
For questions related to logistics, please contact:
Magdalena Farnesi, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to the program, please contact:
Ninja Stehr, email@example.com